ARTICLES OF FAITH
THE CHURCH OF THE FIRST-BORN
1. We believe in Michael, the Eternal Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ, and in Joseph Smith, the Witness or Testator.
2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam`s transgression; for He partook of mortality, that He might bring forth mortal bodies for His spiritual offspring.
3. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel of the First-born.
4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are; first, Faith in Michael the Archangel, and His Son Jesus Christ, and in Joseph the Testator; second, Repentance; third, Baptism, by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
5. We believe that man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by those who are in authority to preach the gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
6. We believe in the same organization that Adam first established upon this earth, viz: the Right of the Firstborn, Patriarchs, Prophets, Priests, etc; and that the Church of Jesus Christ is an appendage thereto, that the Gentiles might be heirs of salvation.
7. We believe in the Holy Spirit of Promise, the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues etc.
8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; We also believe that the Fulness of the Everlasting Gospel was restored by the Prophet Joseph Smith, and any departure therefrom is apostasy.
9. We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Church and Kingdom of the First-born.
10. We believe that the literal desendents of Israel are legal heirs of the Church and Kingdom of the First-born; and that the Patriarchal Reign shall be re-established upon this continent, as in Adam`s day.
11. We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
12. We believe in being subjects to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law — as declared in the 98th sec. of the Doctrine and Covenants.
13. We believe that this is the dispensation of the Fullness of Times, when all things shall be revealed, and that men are required to obey all the laws and ordinances; we also believe that the Lord will send One Mighty and Strong, to set in order the House of God.
Ross W. Le Baron
500 N State, Sandy, Utah
Dec. 15, 1955
To view or download the original document, click here: Articles of Faith.